- Supporting the MOHCDGEC’s through National AIDS Control Program (NACP) to develop and initiate a National HIV Testers Certification program to enable the Country to train and certify competent non-laboratory HIV testers to ensure quality of POCT HIV testing in 2017.
- Development/Strengthen of Laboratory Quality Management Systems. HLI is working with African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) secretariat in Ethiopia and Tanzania MOHCDGEC, to conduct laboratory Mentorship and implementation of Stepwise Laboratory Quality Improvement Process (SLIPTA) audits to 51 laboratories in the country to assess the level of implementation of quality management systems and address the gaps observed during the previous audits.
- Biosafety & Biosecurity in line with the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA). HLI has been working with the National Health Laboratory Quality Assurance and Training Center (NHLQATC) to assess the gaps in the area of Biosafety and Biosecurity and developed a plan of action that enabled NHLQATC to obtain funds to develop a Biosafety and Bio-security Policy document.
Scale-up of laboratory services to support Viral Load (VL) monitoring, EID and sample referral and transportation system so as to ensure a well-structured and efficient referral network for timely patient management. Agency; CDC HQ through a sub contract from CADU, Senegal.
- HIV Rapid Testing Quality Improvement Initiative (RTQII) in five (5) Regions; Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe, Shinyanga and Songwe to support provision of quality HIV services through improvement of competency and quality of Point of Care HIV testing (POCT). Agency; CDC HQ through a sub contract from CADU, Senegal.
- SAMPLE REFERRAL SYSTEM.Agency; PEPFAR, the CDC under a cooperative agreement with African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM).
- SLIPTA Audit in Tanzania. Agency; PEPFAR, the CDC under a cooperative agreement with African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM).
l) Logistics Support for the SLIPTA auditing of 12 laboratories in Tanzania. Agency; U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under a cooperative agreement with African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM).